The tall ships are here, and Seaport is housing two at our World Trade Center dock! One of them, Peru’s newest Naval ship, the Union, will call the Seaport World Trade Center home for the duration of Sail Boston. The four-masted, 379-foot vessel is home to 240 sailors and made its debut last year.
Chef Robert Tobin partnered with Taranta Chef Jose Duarte to offer a taste of Peru with native dishes and cocktails for the festivities! Taste a trio of causas or grilled paiche while sipping a Pisco Sour (one of our three Peruvian cocktails!). See our complete list of specials below:
• Trio of Causas ($20): Peruvian Potatoes, Octopus, Shrimp, Lobster, Garlic Aioli, Aji Amarillo
• Grilled Paiche ($24): Quinnotto, Chimichurri, Watercress
• Peruvian Pisco Sour: an alcoholic cocktail of Peruvian origin that is typical of the cuisines from Chile and Peru, considered a South American classic. Pisco is a clear, un-aged brandy
• Chica Morada Sangria “The Purple Sangria”: Dried purple corn, cinnamon, clove, pineapple, tempranillo, and rum – a south of the border, summer sensation!
• Chilcano de Pisco: Pisco, ginger beer, and lime juice