We’re in the heart of summer, and, with perfect weather
poised for the entire weekend, there’s no better time to explore some of
Boston’s best al fresco dining. Whether you’re looking for Italian on the back
deck, Asian flare in the heart of the South End, or something a little closer
to our own lobby, we have you covered. Herewith, our favorite outdoor dining:
· Sonsie (327 Newbury Street, Boston): While technically not an outdoor patio, there’s no better place to see and be seen than from the tables around Sonsie’s floor-to-ceiling windows. Enjoy the fresh air, sip a cocktail, and bask in your own fabulousness at this 21-year-old Newbury Street institution. Sonsie can also boast for winning “Best Clam Chowder” in Boston magazine’s 2016 Best of Boston issue!
· Oleana (134 Hampshire Street, Cambridge): Head across the Charles to one of Cambridge’s most renowned backyards. Chef Ana Sortun serves up Mediterranean cuisine both indoors and in a flower-filled back patio for a dining oasis amid the hubbub of the city. Recently ranked by Eater as one of the best restaurants in the country, Oleana is routinely packed, so reservations are highly recommended!
· SRV (569 Columbus Avenue, Boston): Everything about this Italian hotspot in the South End is chic. The seamless indoor/outdoor floor, the minimalist wine bar, and, particularly, the back courtyard could easily have diners feeling like they’re in Los Angeles instead of steps from Mass Ave. The Venetian-inspired menu (SRV stands for Serene Republic of Venice) boasts delicious cicchetti (snacks) like olive frette and pasta made from flour milled at the restaurant.
· Banyan Bar and Refuge (553 Tremont Street, Boston): Banyan had quite the shoes to fill by going into the space occupied by legendary South End restaurant Hammersley’s, and it’s more than succeeded! The Asian gastropub’s menu is largely focused on small plates like fried pig tails, Takoyaki, and wontons. While the dining room’s branch-covered walls and ceilings may make you feel like your outdoors, you can head to the lounge-y patio outside for an authentic al fresco experience—ideal for weekend brunch and the restaurant’s famous Kirin beer slushie!
· TAMO Terrace: Look no further than our own TAMO for the best in outdoor dining this summer! Enjoy our full menu with views of Boston Harbor or sip a drink from our outdoor bar. Join us for each week for Tiki Tuesdays for beach-inspired bites, and parties of two or more must try one of our new fishbowl cocktails for some rum fun in the sun!